Saturday, October 1, 2011

Food for thought.

1 / 10 / 2011

Art major works - 2008


For my major, I pondered upon many themes then decided I wanted to go in the direction of food.

Why food? Whether we like it or not, food involves everybody, without it we cannot survive. Too much and you get sick, too little and you get sick, our lives revolve around it. There are many themes and issues that involve food. I based my art on obesity and the fact that it is becoming an epidemic.

While the issue is quite serious, I chose to give my artworks a humorous touch with the addition of quirky quotes that cause the audience to think. The final artwork included six A1 sized drawings. The smaller drawings took me about 10 hours each to draw while the larger took over 25 hours each.



Dieting is not a piece of cake.
I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.



Donuts and pies equal very big thighs.
I'm on a seafood diet, I see food and then i eat it.



A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
You are what you eat.




No comments:

Post a Comment