Saturday, February 11, 2012

Drawing in a new light

11. 02. 2012

I recently got a graphics tablet to make life easier for myself. Seeing as I'm going to be a graphic designer for the rest of my life I thought I should invest in something to help me get the job done!

Having never used a tablet before..... It seriously is AMAZING, and so accurate with all my movements and the pressure of my movements - how hard or soft I press, It minics drawing incredibly, it even feels like I'm drawing!!! Except this way I'm saving paper.

The tablet I bought is called a BAMBOO FUN PEN AND TOUCH generation 3. It works as a mouse/ touch pad and I can use the pen on it as well. There are buttons on the left that you can customise! It just blew me away!! It comes in 2 sizes and I would reccomend it to anyone. The pen itself has an eraser on the end... that you can acutually use as an eraser, its so incredible!!




Here is an artwork by Bill Flemming that I used as a reference to create my first drawing using the tablet on Photoshop. Below is my result! I'm still trying to get used to it, but the possibilities are endless with this tool!


No comments:

Post a Comment