Thursday, February 16, 2012

Totally 90's..

16. 02. 2012

Not long ago 'The Roost Creative' in Newcastle had an exhibit entitled 'Totally 90's'.

The Brief:
Make a poster inspired by the decade that was the 90’s. Get nostalgic! Can you remember Kid n Play, Mortal Kombat, TLC, Round-the-Twist, Rocko’s Modern Life, Encino Man, Daria? Let these and any other cherished memories be your ammo for making the ‘freshest’, ‘radest’ and ‘dopest’ poster on the block.

I was born in 1990, so I am a 90's kid!! It would have to be my favourite decade! Growing up in the 90's was great: 

  • Cassette players were soon replaced by the Discman
  • The first CD came out when I was 6. 
  • We got a computer and the internet when I was 10 
  • Mum's mobile was the size of a house brick
  • I loved Barbies and Cabbage Patch dolls and had every Yowie and Tazo you could collect
  • Double denim was SO in and who could forget butterfly clips???

So here is my 90's inspired poster, which features a Tamagotchi, a Troll doll and a Furby!


' An Era of Unique Toys' - The 90's





This design was hand generated in Adobe Illustrator and took a very, very, very, very, VERY long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment